Most users ever online was 17 on Wed Dec 25, 2013 4:26 am
Top posting users this month

Latest topics
SwagBucks

‘Durango’ To Be ‘Always On, Always Connected’

Go down

‘Durango’ To Be ‘Always On, Always Connected’

Post by Admin on Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:45 am

Recent rumors have suggested that Microsoft’s next-generation console will stray from the ordinary and implement something that us gamers aren’t much accustomed to. Such leaks have noted that the “Durango” will be required to stay powered on and always connected, even when not in use. It seems as if these rumors are in fact true.

Durango’s document setup was leaked on VGleaks, and that leak was confirmed to be “legitimate” by EDGE’s inside source. The ‘Hardware Overview Section’ of the document setup detailed the speculation of Microsofts next-gen console being on at all times. “Durango will implement different power states so that it can always be powered on, but will draw minimal electricity when not in use,” noted the document. “The console will be ready instantly when users want to play, and will always maintain a network connection so that console software and games are always current. With this “Always On, Always Connected” design, users will quickly and easily enjoy their connected entertainment experiences, with no waiting for the console to restart or install games.” I don’t believe this is a good thing, as the consumption of electricity will increase. To sum up this concept, the console will always be on standby. Although it will “draw minimal electricity,” it still will be on and factors such as the heat emitted could be disturbing. It’s starting to mimic a desktop PC as opposed a gaming console.

Moreover, the leak said the new console would be bundled with an improved Kinect. In addition, “Durango consoles will have a Blu-Ray disc drive.” Before you get your hopes up, the leak shed some disappointing news regarding the Blu-Ray discs. “Disc media will be used for distribution, but during gameplay, games will not use content from the optical disc. An installation system is being designed that will allow gamers to begin playing while the game is being installed on the hard drive rather than waiting until installation is complete.” Microsoft, you stock up on external hard drives if you decide to implement this idea. This will render game discs useless once installed; not to mention the massive amount of memory they will suck up.

All of these have been confirmed to be true by an inside and unknown source, so they have potential. I seriously hope they don’t follow through with these ideas. Microsoft, you are pretty much handing Sony the gold medal!

By Nadeeja Wick / Thursday 21, 2013 / 12:49 AM CST

Admin

http://www.uzgbo2.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum